Sir Walter Ogilvy of Lintrathen married, firstly, unknown Durward.
He married, secondly, Isabel Glen, daughter of Sir John Glen and Margaret Erskine of Inchmartin, after 1427.,
He died in 1440.
He was the son of Sir Walter Ogilvy of Auchterhouse and Isabel Ramsay.
- He held the office of High Treasurer [Scotland] in 1425.
- He lived at Lintrathen, Angus, Scotland.
- He was a Commissioner to England negotiating for peace between 1431 and 1437.
Children of Sir Walter Ogilvy of Lintrathen and unknown Durward
- 1. Sir John Ogilvy of Lintrathen+ b. b 1414, d. Jun 1489
- 2. James Ogilvy  b. b 1427
Children of Sir Walter Ogilvy of Lintrathen and Isabel Glen
- 1. Isabel Ogilvy+ d. 1484
- 2. Walter Ogilvy+
- 3. Giles Ogilvy 
- 4. David Ogilvy  b. b 28 Jan 1426/27
- 5. Alexander Ogilvy  b. b 1440
- 6. Patrick Ogilvy  b. b 1440
- 7. George Ogilvy  b. b 1440
- 1. [S8] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition, 2 volumes (Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999), volume 1, page 45. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 106th edition.
- 2. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume VII, page 121. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 3. [S323] Sir James Balfour Paul, The Scots Peerage: founded on Wood's edition of Sir Robert Douglas's The Peerage of Scotland (Edinburgh, Scotland: David Douglas, 1904), volume I, page 111. Hereinafter cited as The Scots Peerage.
- 4. [S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 228. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
- 5. [S323] Sir James Balfour Paul, The Scots Peerage, volume I, page 112.
Walter Ogilvy of Lintrathen, 1st Lord High Treasurer of Scotland is my 13th great grandfather.
your father → Rufus S. Nichols
his father → Tressie (King) Nichols
his mother → Michael O. King
her father → Margaret (Wright) King
his mother → James Wingfield Wright
her father → Mary Whitledge Grant
his mother → William Grant, of Crichie
her father → Elizabeth Grant
his mother → William Leslie, X. Baron of Balquhain
her father → William Leslie, Ninth Baron of Balquhain
his father → John Leslie, Eighth Baron of Balquhain
his father → Elizabeth Ogilvy
his mother → Sir Walter Ogilvie of Auchleven
her father → Sir Walter Ogilvy of Lintrathen, 1st Lord High Treasurer of Scotland