Sir Thomas Cooke was born 1422 Romford, Essex, England and died 1478 in London, Middlesex, England. His parents were Robert Cooke (1392-1423) and Katherine Cooke (1396-1422).
In 1453, he married Elizabeth Maplas (1426-1484), daughter of Philip Malpas and Julian Machyn, in London, Middlesex, England.
With Elizabeth, he had the following children:
- John Cooke, b. 1440 in England
- Philip Cooke, b. 1448 at Giddy or Gidea Hall, Essex, England; m. 1472; d. 1497 at Romford, Essex, England
- Thomas Cooke, b. 1452 at Giddy or Gidea Hall, Essex, England
- William Cooke, b. 1456 at Romford, Essex, England; d. 1478 at Romford
- Thomas Cooke (2nd), b. 1458 at Romford; d. 1478
- Joan Cooke, b. 1460 at Giddy or Gidea Hall, Sussex, England; d. October 15, 1515
- John Cooke, b. 1462 at Romford, Essex, England; d. August 20, 1485 at Romford
- Sir Phillip John Cooke, b. 1473 at Giddy or Gidea Hall, Essex, England; d. October 10, 1516 at London, Middlesex, England
Thomas' father, Robert Cooke, is listed in some genealogies as being Lord Mayor of London. His name does not appear on the official list of Lord Mayors maintained by the office of the Lord Mayor, which can be viewed here. It is probable that he has been confused by some genealogists with his Thomas, who did indeed serve as Lord Mayor of London in 1462.
Thomas Cooke, Lord Mayor of London is your 18th great grandfather.
your father → Rufus S. Nichols
his father → James "Jim" Ira Nichols
his father → Ezekiel H. Nichols
his father → John Nichols
his father → Isaac Henderson Nichols, Sr.
his father → Isaac Nichols
his father → William Nichols
his father → Margery Nichols
his mother → William C Cox
her father → John Cox, I
his father → Thomas Cox, West Jersey Proprietor
his father → Thomas Cox, Yeoman of Cheltenham
his father → Robert Cocke
his father → Robert Cocke, I
his father → John Cocke
his father → Thomas Cocke
his father → Thomas W Cocke
his father → William Cocke
his father → Thomas Cooke, Lord Mayor of London